The Facebook advertising landscape is consistently changing. Here at Friendemic, we want you to stay ahead of the issues and ensure your advertising dollars are well spent.
Many of you have likely heard about Facebook’s latest guidelines regarding targeting users based on gender, age, and location when advertising a finance offer. This change will vastly affect dealers’ advertising options, but this blog can help you effectively understand and navigate them.
What is the change?
Facebook will decline any ad that pertains to long-term credit and is including landing pages in their judgment of compliance. So even if your ad doesn’t mention an offer, it may still be declined as most dealer pages will link to financing options.
How do I advertise still?
To bypass this and still get the targeting you want, go to the campaign level and select “Special Ad Category.” Identify your ad as a “Credit” ad.
Due to the restrictions of the new guidelines, the following targeting options will no longer appear in your ad set when you have identified your ad as a “Credit” ad:
- Age Groups
- Zip Code
- Income/Financial Status
Facebook Interests Related to:
- Lifestyle (i.e., college grads, recently moved, new parents, etc.)
- Make, Model, & Body Style
- Ability to target under a 15-mile radius
- Ability to exclude locations
- Access to saved audiences
How can Friendemic help?
- 193404 ODC-S Demographics > Ages 30-34 > 193404
- 193403 ODC-S Demographics > Ages 25-29 > 193403
- 154107 ODC-S Demographics > Gender > Females > 154107
- 154108 ODC-S Demographics > Gender > Males > 154108